Auto Repair & Services
- Preventative Maintenance in Gonzales, LA
- Steering & Suspension Repair in Gonzales, LA
- Tire Balancing in Gonzales, LA
- Tire Installation in Gonzales, LA
- Flat Tire Repair in Gonzales, LA
- Tire Rotation in Gonzales, LA
- Transmission Fluid Flush in Gonzales, LA
- Automotive Tune Up in Gonzales, LA
- Wheel Alignment in Gonzales, LA
- Oil Change Service in Gonzales, LA
- Nitrogen Filled Tires in Gonzales, LA
- Batteries in Gonzales, LA
- Belts & Hoses in Gonzales, LA
- Brake Repair in Gonzales, LA
- Cooling System Maintenance in Gonzales, LA
- Driveline Repair in Gonzales, LA
- Electrical System Repair in Gonzales, LA
- Engine Diagnostics in Gonzales, LA
- Fluids in Gonzales, LA
- Heating & A/C Service in Gonzales, LA
- Wiper Blade Replacement in Gonzales, LA
Air Filters in Gonzales, LA
Your car’s engine needs three things to be able to run properly: air, spark and fuel. The engine pulls in air through the throttle, where it mixes with fuel; that atomized mixture then makes its way to the cylinders, where it’s ignited by the spark plugs to provide power.
That air has to be filtered, however; even the tiniest dust mote or pollen spore that’s not even visible to the naked eye can make its way into the close tolerances of the engine and cause damage. Automotive air filters are designed with a pleated-paper or fabric element that traps these tiny contaminants before they can make their way into the engine’s fuel system and cause problems.
Once the filter’s element becomes saturated, however, it can restrict air flow to the point of hurting fuel economy and power by literally smothering the engine. It’s important to change the air filter at regular intervals – usually about every 10-12,000 miles, but more frequently if you frequently drive on gravel roads or other severe usage. The air filter is located in a box, usually close to the grille, with a duct that connects it back to the engine’s throttle. Take the air filter out and whack it against your hand – if dust and particles fly everywhere, it’s definitely time to change it!
Cabin Air Filters Gonzales, LA
The car’s cabin air filter, usually located behind the glove box, is essential to keeping a flow of fresh air coming into the passenger compartment. It helps filter out allergens, dust and other contaminants that might otherwise make your drive a lot less pleasant. Regular changes of the cabin air filter are important to proper operation of the vehicle’s HVAC system.
Have you had your car’s air filter or cabin air filter changed recently? Give us a call and make an appointment at Chabill’s Tire & Auto Service in Gonzales, LA!