Auto Repair & Services
- Preventative Maintenance in New Iberia, LA
- Steering & Suspension Repair in New Iberia, LA
- Tire Balancing in New Iberia, LA
- Tire Installation in New Iberia, LA
- Flat Tire Repair in New Iberia, LA
- Tire Rotation in New Iberia, LA
- Transmission Fluid Flush in New Iberia, LA
- Automotive Tune Up in New Iberia, LA
- Wheel Alignment in New Iberia, LA
- Oil Change Service in New Iberia, LA
- Nitrogen Filled Tires in New Iberia, LA
- Batteries in New Iberia, LA
- Belts & Hoses in New Iberia, LA
- Brake Repair in New Iberia, LA
- Cooling System Maintenance in New Iberia, LA
- Driveline Repair in New Iberia, LA
- Electrical System Repair in New Iberia, LA
- Engine Diagnostics in New Iberia, LA
- Fluids in New Iberia, LA
- Heating & A/C Service in New Iberia, LA
- Wiper Blade Replacement in New Iberia, LA
Air Filters in New Iberia, LA
Your car’s engine needs three things to be able to run properly: air, spark and fuel. The engine pulls in air through the throttle, where it mixes with fuel; that atomized mixture then makes its way to the cylinders, where it’s ignited by the spark plugs to provide power.
That air has to be filtered, however; even the tiniest dust mote or pollen spore that’s not even visible to the naked eye can make its way into the close tolerances of the engine and cause damage. Automotive air filters are designed with a pleated-paper or fabric element that traps these tiny contaminants before they can make their way into the engine’s fuel system and cause problems.
Once the filter’s element becomes saturated, however, it can restrict air flow to the point of hurting fuel economy and power by literally smothering the engine. It’s important to change the air filter at regular intervals – usually about every 10-12,000 miles, but more frequently if you frequently drive on gravel roads or other severe usage. The air filter is located in a box, usually close to the grille, with a duct that connects it back to the engine’s throttle. Take the air filter out and whack it against your hand – if dust and particles fly everywhere, it’s definitely time to change it!
Cabin Air Filters New Iberia, LA
The car’s cabin air filter, usually located behind the glove box, is essential to keeping a flow of fresh air coming into the passenger compartment. It helps filter out allergens, dust and other contaminants that might otherwise make your drive a lot less pleasant. Regular changes of the cabin air filter are important to proper operation of the vehicle’s HVAC system.
Have you had your car’s air filter or cabin air filter changed recently? Give us a call and make an appointment at Chabill’s Tire & Auto Service in New Iberia, LA!