Auto Repair & Services
- Air Filters in Gonzales, LA
- Preventative Maintenance in Gonzales, LA
- Steering & Suspension Repair in Gonzales, LA
- Tire Balancing in Gonzales, LA
- Tire Installation in Gonzales, LA
- Flat Tire Repair in Gonzales, LA
- Tire Rotation in Gonzales, LA
- Transmission Fluid Flush in Gonzales, LA
- Automotive Tune Up in Gonzales, LA
- Wheel Alignment in Gonzales, LA
- Oil Change Service in Gonzales, LA
- Nitrogen Filled Tires in Gonzales, LA
- Belts & Hoses in Gonzales, LA
- Brake Repair in Gonzales, LA
- Cooling System Maintenance in Gonzales, LA
- Driveline Repair in Gonzales, LA
- Electrical System Repair in Gonzales, LA
- Engine Diagnostics in Gonzales, LA
- Fluids in Gonzales, LA
- Heating & A/C Service in Gonzales, LA
- Wiper Blade Replacement in Gonzales, LA
Batteries in Gonzales, LA
Car Batteries in Gonzales, LA
The battery is one of those things that we often tend to forget about as long as everything is working fine…until the day that we get in the car, turn the ignition switch and hear the engine turn over too slowly to start (or even worse, the discouraging “click…click…click” that means you’re not going anywhere).
The battery is what starts the engine, of course, and is continually recharged by the alternator. Today’s cars, with power accessories, engine control systems, stereos, GPS and more, put extraordinary demands on automotive batteries. It’s important to keep your battery maintained to head off any potential problems. That includes:
• Tightening the battery’s hold-down clamps and terminals
• Making sure the alternator is charging properly
• Not leaving your lights on accidentally, or leaving a door ajar with the dome light on – a deep discharge that completely drains a battery is damaging and will shorten a battery’s service life
• Maintaining the battery’s posts and terminals to prevent corrosion, a white, fluffy deposit that can actually prevent the battery from charging or delivering a charge
Whether it’s in a laptop, a cell phone or a car, any rechargeable battery can only withstand so many charge/discharge cycles before it starts to weaken and deplete. Most automotive batteries are warrantied for 36 to 60 months’ service, but many never last quite that long, especially in very hot or very cold climates.
While it’s important to keep your battery well-maintained, it’s just as important to keep an eye on its age; once a battery reaches a certain point, it’s inevitably going to weaken and eventually fail. At Chabill’s Tire & Auto Service in Gonzales, LA, we have a selection of top-brand batteries, with one that will be the perfect fit for your vehicle’s engine. Give us a call and make an appointment!
NOTE: Automotive batteries store and deliver power thanks to a chemical reaction between lead plates and sulfuric acid. As a result, they are very hazardous to handle and dispose of. At Chabill’s Tire & Auto Service, we are very careful and conscientious about recycling batteries properly when they are at the end of their life cycle.