Auto Repair & Services
- Air Filters in New Iberia, LA
- Preventative Maintenance in New Iberia, LA
- Steering & Suspension Repair in New Iberia, LA
- Tire Balancing in New Iberia, LA
- Tire Installation in New Iberia, LA
- Flat Tire Repair in New Iberia, LA
- Tire Rotation in New Iberia, LA
- Transmission Fluid Flush in New Iberia, LA
- Automotive Tune Up in New Iberia, LA
- Wheel Alignment in New Iberia, LA
- Oil Change Service in New Iberia, LA
- Nitrogen Filled Tires in New Iberia, LA
- Belts & Hoses in New Iberia, LA
- Brake Repair in New Iberia, LA
- Cooling System Maintenance in New Iberia, LA
- Driveline Repair in New Iberia, LA
- Electrical System Repair in New Iberia, LA
- Engine Diagnostics in New Iberia, LA
- Fluids in New Iberia, LA
- Heating & A/C Service in New Iberia, LA
- Wiper Blade Replacement in New Iberia, LA
Batteries in New Iberia, LA
Car Batteries in New Iberia, LA
The battery is one of those things that we often tend to forget about as long as everything is working fine…until the day that we get in the car, turn the ignition switch and hear the engine turn over too slowly to start (or even worse, the discouraging “click…click…click” that means you’re not going anywhere).
The battery is what starts the engine, of course, and is continually recharged by the alternator. Today’s cars, with power accessories, engine control systems, stereos, GPS and more, put extraordinary demands on automotive batteries. It’s important to keep your battery maintained to head off any potential problems. That includes:
• Tightening the battery’s hold-down clamps and terminals
• Making sure the alternator is charging properly
• Not leaving your lights on accidentally, or leaving a door ajar with the dome light on – a deep discharge that completely drains a battery is damaging and will shorten a battery’s service life
• Maintaining the battery’s posts and terminals to prevent corrosion, a white, fluffy deposit that can actually prevent the battery from charging or delivering a charge
Whether it’s in a laptop, a cell phone or a car, any rechargeable battery can only withstand so many charge/discharge cycles before it starts to weaken and deplete. Most automotive batteries are warrantied for 36 to 60 months’ service, but many never last quite that long, especially in very hot or very cold climates.
While it’s important to keep your battery well-maintained, it’s just as important to keep an eye on its age; once a battery reaches a certain point, it’s inevitably going to weaken and eventually fail. At Chabill’s Tire & Auto Service in New Iberia, LA, we have a selection of top-brand batteries, with one that will be the perfect fit for your vehicle’s engine. Give us a call and make an appointment!
NOTE: Automotive batteries store and deliver power thanks to a chemical reaction between lead plates and sulfuric acid. As a result, they are very hazardous to handle and dispose of. At Chabill’s Tire & Auto Service, we are very careful and conscientious about recycling batteries properly when they are at the end of their life cycle.