Auto Repair & Services
- Air Filters
- Tire Balancing
- Tire Installation
- Flat Tire Repair
- Tire Rotation
- Transmission Fluid Flush
- Automotive Tune-up
- Wheel Alignment
- Wiper Blades
- Preventive Maintenance
- Oil Change Service
- Belts and Hoses
- Brake Repair
- Cooling System Maintenance
- Drive Lines
- Electrical System Repair
- Heating and A/C
- Commercial Service 24h
Steering & Suspension
Your car’s steering and suspension control what direction your vehicle goes in…but they do so much more than that. The suspension insulates you from bumps and shocks for a smooth ride, and prevents important undercarriage parts from making contact with the road. When worn or damaged, these components can result in a dangerous lack of control over your vehicle.
The suspension and steering systems are designed to work well together for years, but like anything else, they can be damaged or wear out over enough time.
Signs of Steering and Suspension Problems
- Vehicle pulls to one side while driving in a straight line. This could be due to tire problems, an underinflated tire or a sign of a misaligned front end.
- Vehicle continues to bounce or rock after hitting a bump, pointing to a worn or disconnected shock absorber
- Steering seems to “slip” while negotiating a turn
- Pronounced shimmy through the steering wheel
- Vehicle wanders, needing constant correction to stay in a straight line
- Loud, unusual thud, clunk, squeak or knock when hitting a bump
Steering and suspension systems are complex and repairs shouldn’t be performed by just anyone. At Chabill’s Tire & Auto Service, our ASE-certified automotive techs can address any steering and suspension problems you might be experiencing. Call us and make an appointment!