Every vehicle needs several automotive fluids in order to run properly. Some of the most important fluids include engine oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, antifreeze, and power steering fluid. Checking and topping off all these fluids on your own can be a lot for most vehicle owners. That’s why Chabill’s Tire & Auto Service has multiple convenient locations throughout Southern Louisiana. You can visit one that’s close to you for fast and convenient fluid service. Our certified technicians accept all makes and models!
If you notice your car is leaking fluids, here are a few ways to identify what those leaks may be: Radiator Fluid is bright green and very slippery.
- Antifreeze, or coolant, can be pink or green and is hazardous to your pets. Ingesting this fluid poses a serious health threat to animals.
- Brake Fluid is a light yellow and can change to a foggy brown color when mixed with water. (You should have the brake fluid changed every other year to ensure brake safety.) Power Steering Fluid has a yellow tint.
- Automatic Transmission Fluid has a deep red hue. It has a sharp odor and is thick in texture.
- Windshield Washer Fluid can be any range of colors from bright blue, orange, pink, or yellow. It has the consistency of water and may smell somewhat sweet.
- Motor Oil can be bright or dark brown depending on how often you change it. Frequently changed motor oil will be light brown, while old motor oil will be a darker shade.
- You should have your motor oil changed every 3000-5000 miles.
- Gasoline has an amber hue, but you may recognize its very distinct odor. It is highly flammable, so avoid any open flames (lighters, matches, cigarettes, etc.)
It’s a good idea to bring your vehicle into Chabill’s Tire & Auto Service for routine maintenance. During those visits, our certified technicians can perform fluid checks to ensure all of the fluids in your car are at the proper levels, clean, not leaking, and replaced according to their recommended schedule. Every vehicle has a recommended maintenance schedule. You can check your owner’s manual to find out when fluid service is recommended by the manufacturer, or just bring it to Chabill’s Tire & Auto Service. Our team knows the unique needs for all makes and models and can handle those fluid service details for you.
Chabill’s Tire & Auto Service has proudly served communities throughout Southern Louisiana for 50 years, and in that time we’ve learned how to be the best auto care provider possible for all types of vehicle owners. Whether you are looking for quality, convenience, or fairness, you’ll find it with our team! When you visit us for fluid service or any of your vehicle’s service needs, we guarantee excellent customer service. Get started by scheduling your next appointment with us online or by calling the location that works best for you. We look forward to hearing from you!