Stay Safe on the Road
To make sure your vehicle remains safe to drive, you should have your brakes checked at least once a year. Your routine maintenance appointment at Chabill’s Tire & Auto Service is the perfect time to handle that! Maintaining your vehicle's brakes is one of the most crucial precautions you can take against dangerous mishaps on the road. If you don’t have the self-confidence of knowing that your vehicle will stop when your foot hits the brake pedal, then you should seriously consider getting your brakes checked. We have shops throughout Louisiana, so you don’t have to look far for expert brake service!
What You Need to Know About Brakes
The Braking System: When it comes to safety, the most important part of your automobile is the brakes. A traditional braking system consists of the rotor, the caliper, and the brake pads or shoes. The rotor is the large disc attached to the tire hub. The caliper squeezes the brake system creating the friction needed to stop the car. The brake pads take the friction from the caliper and are designed to last as long as possible, but inevitably wear out from so much friction.
Signs Brake Repair Is Needed
For the finest efficiency and security, have your brakes checked and sustained frequently. You should have your mechanic check your brakes immediately if you experience any of the following:
- A piercing squeak when you use the brakes
- A scraping or grinding sound that occurs while driving. This is most likely an indication of a brake or bearing issue, and it should be inspected immediately.
- Shaking or vibrations during braking.
- Utilizing more pressure to brake than is usual for your vehicle.
Good Brake Habits
To help your brakes last as long as possible and to make sure they aren’t stretched to their limits, make sure you always practice good driving and braking habits. No matter what kind of car you drive, these habits can help!
- Never drive with the parking brake on
- Have your brake fluid examined and switched out as needed. If you find yourself applying a greater amount of fluid month after month, you may have a leak.
- Make sure you are checking your brake pads often because if they wear, you might have to replace your rotors as well.
- Schedule yearly brake checks. Prolonging brake concerns may lead to other more costly repairs.
Schedule Brake Repair Today
Is your car due for brake repair? Don’t delay professional service, or you could be risking your safety. Choose from one of many locations throughout Louisiana and visit Chabill’s Tire & Auto Service for expert brake repair. Our highly trained technicians perform brake repair for all makes and models using high-quality replacement parts that meet manufacturer standards. We don’t want to use brake parts that aren’t good enough to stop your car smoothly, quickly, and safely for miles to come. To schedule your appointment with us, call the location of your choice, or use our online scheduling system. We look forward to hearing from you!