Visit your local Chabill’s once a month to ensure your vehicle continues to operate correctly and run smoothly. You can also perform your own brief vehicle check by following a few simple recommendations for owner maintenance. A few minutes each month could save you money on repairs down the line.
- Check battery cables, clamps, and terminals
- Check the following levels, and add the recommended fluids as necessary:
- Oil level
- Engine coolant level
- Brake fluid level
- Power steering fluid level (if applicable)
- Transmission fluid
- Windshield washer fluid reservoir level
- Check belts for tension, cracks, or wear
- Check hoses for leaks, cracks, or wear
- Check the engine and under the car for any leaks
- Check tire pressure on all tires, including the spare tire, and inflate to manufacturer’s recommendations while cold.
- Check the tread depth. The tread should be at least as deep as the head on a penny. (At least 2/32" remaining tread.)
- Check tires for uneven wear or any object that could cause a puncture.